The Nobel Museum
I have to say, the Nobel Museum left me less than impressed. It was small, dark, and seemed to be more a museum about Marie Curie with a mention of one or two other prize winners. Did I miss something? Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that Marie Curie's work had huge impact. And she did win not one but two Nobel prizes. But surely there were a few other gems through the years who won the prize by doing some interesting work somewhere along the line, no? I can name one or two I wanted to read more about.
The main hall of the museum
To find out who won a prize in a certain year visitors can search on computers in the museum. Each prize winner has a page online with the briefest bit of info. Hanging from the ceiling there is a conveyor belt holding one poster for each winner. Museum visitors can read the posters as they file by on the ceiling. That is, assuming the conveyor belt is actually in motion. On the night we were there it wasn't turned on so we didn't actually get to see the posters. See them here, up on the ceiling? (The white line snaking between the columns). Yep, they are way up there. It seems like they'd be hard to read even if the belt was working!
There is an area for children with a puppet booth
... and cushions embroidered with the symbols for each prize.
Literature in orange, chemistry in red and medicine in blue.
There are activities for kids in these cubbies.
S searched around a little for the most fun thing she could find.
Now S was content
We could have played here all night!
No comments:
Post a Comment