Thursday, November 3, 2011

Skansen II

Skansen also houses a wildlife zoo with wolves, wolverines, moose...

Here a bear is lounging but there is also a fox in this photo - can you spot it? 





Back to the less wild parts of Skansen...






We missed midsummer in Sweden because we arrived after June and I think we'll probably miss it in the summer of 2012 too.  I was really excited, though, to see a real maypole here at Skansen. 



It is really tall!



The top of the maypole



Wow - ride-able Dala Horses!!  FUN! 




There's a whole market area at Skansen that was closed when we were there.  But just beyond the marketplace, a large pit fire had been set up.  Families were roasting hot dogs and other food they'd brought with them from home.  I wish we'd known.  It would have been fun to pull up a bench with the other families and warm our hands by the fire while waiting for our lunch to cook.



No comments: