Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The rest of our day yesterday

In addition to visiting Bjärred yesterday.  We toured up and down the coast a little.  Here's a little of what we saw:

Have I mentioned windmills yet?  Windmills windmills windmills!  These guys are everywhere.  I know this might drum up some controversy but I actually like the way they look.  There is something so graceful and impressive about them. The closer you get the more awe inspiring they are.  Of course I've seen plenty of windmills before but here they just seem so much a way of life, rather than some innovative radical idea.  It isn't at all unusual here to see a small farm building with one solitary, albeit enormous, windmill rotating far above the trees.







We first saw the ocean from a small town called Lomma which is directly west of Lund.



This is a class of kids with their teachers. I assume they were from the school that was just behind me when I took this.  What a great place to grow up!  



That's Malmo in the distance.  The tall building is Turning Torso - see how there is nothing anywhere near as tall in the surrounding area?  And then the Oresund Bridge stretches out to the right, across the strait and into Denmark.



We didn't swim (note the sweatshirts) but E wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to build a sandcastle.




I'm sure it is just me, but I had the distinct feeling we were in Teletubbies world.  All the colors were perfect, the grass was so even it looked fake.



1 comment:

Albert said...

I really love the look of the windmills too. They look so impressive when lined up and disappearing into the horizon. It reminds me of Cape Vincent and of driving out of San Francisco on the way to Yosemite.