Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lördagsgodis

It is Saturday!!!  Here in Sweden that means only one thing:  Lördagsgodis!  Yay! 

Lördagsgodis translates to "Saturday sweets" (Lördag = Saturday, godis = candy).  Many children here are only allowed to eat candy on Saturdays.  But don't let this sensible attitude fool you.  Many kids go nuts over candy and it seems as though often they are allowed to go all out at the candy store.  I've even been warned not to go to candy stores on Saturday afternoons because by that point they've been ravaged by children.

Naturally our girls haven't missed that Saturdays can involve candy.  E and I took a trip to the candy store today.



The candy store here is pretty impressive.  Bin after bin of sugar!  


See what I mean? 


 Look at that happy little person. 




Beer, in the cooler right next to the Hello Kitty cola.  In the candy store. 


 Gummy smurfs.  


They have pastel fish (above) and salt licorice fish (below).  But no Swedish fish in this store.  We have seen Swedish fish sold here, but they are labeled just that:  Swedish fish.  In English.  


4 comments:

Felicity said...

I want gummy smurfs please! I get very excited when you post a new entry and today there are three! Happy happy Sunday.

~Nicole said...

Love reading the blog! Looks like you all are having an amazing time!

Danielle said...

omg, i wish i was there :)

Felicity said...

ooh, one more sleep until Lordagsodis! Is Ellie going to go to the store again?