Thursday, March 29, 2012

Around Town in March

You'd think this was a blog about candy, given how much it seems to feature.  We have discovered that many places around town have an entire bulk candy section.  Every grocery store has an entire aisle dedicated to satisfying your sweet tooth.  Even the smallest 7-Eleven manages to have a shocking amount of candy on show. This photo was taken in the toy store and this is just one tiny corner of a much larger candy area.


I had to snap this pic.  When I first saw this, I noticed the sign for the dentist (tandläkare) and then I noticed that the entrance next to it says "Courage" in clear letters.  Hee hee - how fitting!  Well, it turns out I was wrong, the door to the dentist is the next one over.  Courage is a hair salon.  Still, that's a fairly funny/fitting name for a hair salon, don't you think? 


Just before Easter the vendors in town started decorating.  The traditional decoration for Easter includes bare birch branches adorned with colorful feathers.  Apparently these beautiful arrangements usher in spring because the birch twigs start to sprout green leaves.  See them on the right in this photo? 


I love these and told W that I'm going to decorate for Easter like this when we are home in the USA.  He just giggled at me and muttered something about a 2nd Grade craft project.  Humph.




Playing in the sand pit in our back yard. 



Sometimes we give in and watch some good old American TV online. 


E loves being on her bike! 


Here we are, riding to school in the morning. 


No comments: