Oh how I love our transportation life here. I love love love that we use bikes every day. I can say this with absolute certainty now that we've come through the winter. At one point I had to pick up some medicine for S. The rain was pelting down but my baby was sick so there was no time to wait to do this errand. I hopped on my bike and raced around picking up the prescription at the doc's office and then stopping at the pharmacy. It was pouring icy cold rain and I was absolutely soaked by the time I reached my first destination. But I felt so exhilarated! I was drenched to the core by the time I got home but I was in a great mood. (OK, maybe part of my good mood was that they had finally figured out what was wrong with S and knew how to fix it, but still...)
Yes, I love our bikes. But I also love riding on the clean, safe, easy city buses. And who doesn't like to get around by train? The other day we told the girls we are thinking of renting a car to go see some places in this area that aren't as easily reached by public transportation and E's response was "But that's not environmentally friendly!" Oh dear. Someone's going to have a bit of culture shock when we get back to our car-dependent lives in the USA!
But back to the bikes.... here are a few shots for us to remember how it is here. This first one is actually a visiting friend from the USA giving our cargo bike a whirl.
Bikes at the train station. Check out E's bike. She loves that little bike and she's going to have a hard time saying good bye to the freedom she has on it here. She loves biking to school! Somehow biking up and down our little street in SC isn't going to feel so exciting to her anymore.
See that little blue E on the bike in the distance?
Taking a spin around the pond.
No comments:
Post a Comment