The middle of March was a flurry of activity here at home. We began the month in Germany and we were going to end the month in Italy and the weeks in between were pretty full and busy. I did a lot of tutoring and I taught my English language class. W spent a week in Marseilles, France, for the World Water Forum (sounded so interesting!) While he was away, friends from SC came to visit for a conference here in Lund.
Just hanging out at home...
Oh look, another playground shot.
In case you were wondering if we've really dug into the culture here, I think it is important to report that we've done some sampling of the local chocolate. That's always a good marker of cultural exploration, right? Some chocolate bars have pretty funny names. I'm pretty sure these wouldn't fly back home. The middle one, Sport Lunch Power Break is pretty similar to a Snickers bar. I wish I could eat that, call it lunch and feel virtuous. Not just virtuous, even, but sporty!
These were the first flowers to appear this spring. Suddenly under every tree they were popping up with their cheerful yellow blooms. I met a woman at a bus stop who told me the Swedish name for these. Of course, waiting at the bus I didn't have a way to write down what she was telling me. I wish I had, though.
After all our travels, we seem to be accumulating a lot of coins from various currencies. These are coins from just three of the currencies we've been using recently. Did you know the Euro has eight, count them EIGHT different coins?! That's a lot of fishing around in your change pocket for the right coin. Luckily the Swedish krona has only three coins. In this photo you can see Swedish krona, Danish krone, and the euro.
No comments:
Post a Comment