Monday, October 3, 2011

Driving through Denmark

I took a few photos as we drove across Denmark.  Most of these are taken from the car.  I fell in love with the countryside and wished someone would offer me a month to wander around the country taking photos of the fields and farmhouses.  Somehow photos from moving cars don't come out looking stellar.  I don't want to admit how many blurry photos I took as we drove across the country! 

This is the Öresund Bridge that connects Sweden and Denmark.  Trains are on a lower level, cars get the great view. These towers are tall - almost 700 feet high. 



Windmills everywhere, especially in the water in the Öresund Strait. 



Typical scenery in Denmark. 



We took the bridge over to Denmark and on the way home took the ferry from Helsingør (Denmark) to Helsingborg (Sweden).  The ferry takes only 1/2 an hour but it is huge and wow, is it fancy!!  Here's the duty free shop on board.



We're not used to ferries this fancy.




This is Kronborg Castle, on the Danish side.  It is also known as 
Elsinore as this is where Shakespeare set Hamlet. 




Apt name for our boat. 


No comments: