Friday, October 14, 2011

Playing at Kulturen

We love Kulturen.  I've posted about this museum before but we spend a lot of time there.  It is an open-air museum with houses depicting life from many eras and areas of Sweden.  On the day I took these photos, we were at Kulturen with some friends.



Kulturen has a great playground, complete with working water pump. 



The big kids, in the bus. 


... and little S outside the bus.  There is no end of fun in a sand box.  




Here the kids were running into one of the houses, scaring each other 
and then running out, shrieking and giggling. 


This house is set up so that children are allowed to play with everything. There is a dress up chest, complete with clogs and a table with pretend eggs, potatoes and even a butter churn.   


I'm a little bit in love with that fabric on the ceiling. 

Making dinner... 




... and dressing up. 



See how Swedish we all look?  Would you believe none of these kids is actually Swedish? 


In another building there's another playroom, this one dominated by a huge, beautiful rocking horse. 





No comments: