Saturday, October 1, 2011

Legoland - Way up high

In the Legoland park there is a tall observation tower called LegoTop.  Visitors can take a fifteen minute ride in a circular, glass-encased donut.  The ride just takes you up in the air, spins you slowly around so you get a great view and then takes you down again.  I should have known better, my fear of heights increases as I age.  Before we were even twenty feet in the air I was unable to look out.  I just closed my eyes and snapped photos willy-nilly.  

Here we are waiting in line.  I think amusement parks worldwide could benefit from this idea.  In the middle of the line there is an area with a large lego table.  The kids didn't mind waiting at all.  In fact, I think they were a little bummed our turn to get on the ride finally arrived. 



Here we are going up.  See, we're still not above the trees so at this point I was still able to look through my camera and focus it on specific things. 


Yeeeah.  This is HIGH up!!  Geesh!  
At this point I had my eyes closed.  I didn't know what I was aiming my camera at! 
You can see some of mini-land here. 



In the very top of this photo you can see the fields that are part of a real life-sized airport.  Legoland is in the middle of nowhere - not even trains run here (and that's saying something in Europe!)  But amazingly there is an airport.  That just adds to the excitement because a couple times an hour a plane takes off and is excitingly close to the park. 


No comments: