For weeks before my parents arrived, there was much discussion about visiting Legoland in Denmark. The girls were thrilled but I wasn't too sure if it was the best choice. While I knew the girls would love it, I was envisioning four bored grown ups following two little people around a tacky park. I was so wrong - we all had a great time! The park was much more entertaining (and less tacky) than I expected. Everything was so easy. It helped that the weather was perfect. Thanks Mum and Dad for the great trip!!!!
First, the Lego town, called Miniland: Wow! I was thinking it would be cool to see little villages made from Legos. I didn't know that at Legoland they have whole villages and towns built to replicate real towns. They have some Scandinavian towns represented but also international landmarks and cities. The attention to detail was impressive.
This is a replica of Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen. We had just visited this palace two weeks before (see my photos of the real thing a few posts below). So for the girls this was especially impressive.
They even have the mosaics in the ground, just like the palace does in real life.
Check out the entire Lego airport. All the displays had moving parts.
The planes didn't go in the air at all but they taxied on the runway.
Lego grocery store.
Just like the real thing.
I wonder how long it took to get the contours of this face just right. I'm impressed!
Replica of a famous street in Copenhagen. We'd gone by this on our boat tour in Copenhagen a couple weeks ago so the girls enjoyed seeing it in miniature.
1 comment:
WOW this is amazing!
Post a Comment