Sunday, October 2, 2011

Legoland - the RIDES!

Before we came, I'd read that there were rides at the park.  I hadn't anticipated how much fun it would be for the whole family.  We rode a few calm rides that just took us around the park sight-seeing.  Then there were rides the kids could do alone and ones we could do as a family.  There were rides to scare and rides to thrill and rides to get everyone SOAKED.  (Ask my Dad about the getting soaked one!) 

Here we are on a raised train ride that took us around part of the park. 




Have I mentioned that S went through a phase of posing with her tongue out?  Oh the joy of being three!  She spent probably the better part of a month posing like this (I'm sure you'll see more of those photos here.)  Naturally this had to happen while my parents were here.  I hope they got at least one or two photos with her not showing off her tongue.  I know this will jinx me, but I'm glad to say we seem to be moving out of that phase now.  
Here they are waiting in line for the safari ride. 



E was ecstatic when she found out there were rides she could go on all by herself!



Meanwhile S was happy to let Daddy on with her. 



This particular one was a safari.  All animals made entirely of Legos, of course. 



Hello safari drivers!



This was a mini-ferris wheel.  It is hard to describe S's excitement on this ride.  We could hear her shrieks of joy the entire time she was on the ride.  Maybe her face captures a little of the bliss! 





Lego boats. 




The boats took us on a tour of international landmarks. 




Another ride E did by herself.  She's third from the left, one of the littlest on the ride. 




This next ride was fun and we didn't actually go on it!  We did participate.  The red boat on the right is full of people with water shooters.  Along the sidewalks on the edges of the ride,  there are also water shooters.  As the boats ride by, both the boaters and the people on the shore shoot water at each other.  It is hilarious watching people who don't know each other get really into getting each other soaked!  Men in particular seemed to be unable to walk past the shooters without spending a little time soaking random strangers on the boats. 

The Pirate Splash Battle Ride



This was a pirate cruise we did ride on.  It took us through canyons and caves. 



W and E on a roller coaster. 
(He's wearing a navy shirt, she's in pink.  They are on the second car from the front).



Lego train


No comments: